Tuesday, November 11, 2008

December 27th, 2008

Dear Friend

This week is going terrible and slow. I have so much work to do and so many tests to study for. I don’t have time for friends or family or even for myself. I haven’t slept in so long that I forgot what a pillow looks like. But that’s okay, because at tough times, time like this, I think of wonderful experiences I had, times when I was happy and excited. When I am down or sad or just bored I always think of Christmas morning and my family. I don’t really know why I immediately think of Christmas with my family, but I guess that is the only time our family is together. I just love being with my mom and dad and even my brother. It feels like I belong, like I am not alone in the world. I love it when we all sit by the fire and watch a movie together. I even love when my brother keeps says that watching movies that make people cry is girly, but I know that he loves it. And later we all go outside and throw snowballs at each other. My dad always wins that game, because he is the strongest. Then we all go inside and open the presents. I don’t really care about the presents I get, I am just excited to see the look on people’s faces when I give them my presents. So that’s my memory of the “good times.” It may be lame, but it gets me through some tough times.

Before I forget, I wanted to tell a little bit about my brother. Well, first off, he is my brother, so we always fight a lot. Sometimes we have serious fights and sometimes we just play around. We never hurt one another on purpose, physically or emotionally, or at least we never mean to. My brother and I were never really close, because he is older and always thinks of me as an annoying baby sister. But there was this one time when I got in a car accident and he was there for me, not just because he is my brother so he had to be, but because he really cared. I had to stay in the hospital overnight and he was there with me all the time. It was a horrible experience for me, but he was there to cheer me up and make me feel better. I guess that day was really special to me, because that’s when we became really good friends. After that accident my brother told me that if I ever had any problems that I could talk to him. He really is a good guy.

While I am on the subject of my brother, I’d like to tell you about the time when he introduced me to video games. I never knew that video games could be so much fun, as well as addictive and time consuming. I never played video games; I guess I thought that only boys played video games, because they had nothing better to do. But I have to tell you video games are a lot of fun. These games take up so much of my time that they help me escape my problems. They also help me forget things I don’t want to think about. I like playing games like Superman, Spiderman and Batman, games that have heroes, because I enjoy saving people. I also like playing these games because it’s everyone’s fantasy to have superpowers and I cannot save people in real life. Sometimes it’s nice to live in a fantasy world. This was a very helpful experience. I got to fly and be someone else, I even saved the world, from alien invasion, but I still saved the world. It was fun doing something I have never done before, especially something so entertaining. Well, I think I have bored you enough for one day. Hope you have a good weekend.

Love always, Rachel

No comments: