Monday, November 3, 2008

December 24th, 2008

Dear Friend

The holiday season is upon us and I would like to give you a gift. It’s nothing special, just a mix tape that I made for you kind of as a “thank you!” This tape contains all of my favorite songs. Most of them are slow and relaxing. The one song that I would like to point out is song number 1 and number 11. The name of the song is “My All.” I decided to put in on there twice, because it is very important to me. I listen to that song when I am down, mad, sad, angry or just happy. It’s really a song for any and every mood. I think it’s the best song ever, because it’s beautiful. What I mean by beautiful is that this song has tranquil tone and soothing flow as well as lovely lyrics. It’s hard to find a song with all of those qualities.

When you listen to this tape, I hope that you can forget about everything negative in life and just think about beauty and love. I hope that this tape will remind you of the importance of love. I hope it’s the kind of tape that will make you realize how lucky you are if you have someone who loves you. Because there are some people who are not very lucky and have no one.

Title: “The Only One”

Song Title Composer
“My All” Mariah Carry
“I Will Always Love You” Whitney Houston
“Lust” Tori Amos
“My Love’s Gone” Dido
“Torn” Natalie Imbruglia
“Save Me” Remy Zero
“Superman: It’s Not Easy” Five for Fighting
“I’ll Be There for You” The Rembrandts
“30 Minutes” Tatu
“Every time” Britney Spears
“My All” Mariah Carry

Another thing I wanted to mention was my trip to New York with my family. We went to visit our grandparents in New York for Christmas. Since we did not have much money left for the plane tickets our dad decided to drive to New York. It was a boring and a very long trip, but for some reason I was very excited. I couldn’t wait to see my grandmother. I love my grandma very much. She is the only one who really understands me. My grandma always has answers for any problem and any question. She can even figure out solutions to my problems before I even have those problems. My grandpa is really good at avoiding confrontations and giving money.

My dad on the other hand, doesn’t need to have a conversation, he can just give a look and we all know what to do. My mom is very patient; it’s very hard to make her mad. However, when she is mad, fireworks are going up in heaven. My brother is very mellow; he doesn’t care much about anything. All he does is just sit quietly and listen to his music. When we got to New York we went straight to grandmas. Our family had a nice holiday weekend together and we got back home on Monday. That was pretty much my winter break. Well, I hope you enjoy my present.

Love always, Rachel

No comments: