Tuesday, September 16, 2008

September 20th, 2008

Date: September 20th, 2008
Dear Friend
I am writing to you because it’s just one of those times when it’s raining outside and all you want to do is stay home, watch TV and drink hot cocoa and write. It’s nice when people stay home with their families, play Pictionary and watch movies by the fire while rain is pouring out it’s feelings outside. I just need to know that there are families out there that don’t do those wonderful things. I just don’t want my family to be the only family that doesn’t laugh and cuddle by the fire on rainy days. I mean, I’d love for my family to gather together for a friendly game of scrabble, drink cocoa, talk and laugh. But my dad is too busy and my mom is always too tired and my brother claims he is just “too old” to be doing those things. I think you of all people would understand that because no family is perfect and you must have experienced at least some of those things in your life. Because most dads are too busy, well, because they are dads. And most moms are always tired from working and cooking and taking care of kids. And as for the brothers, well they all think they are too tough to show emotion. But I believe that family is way too important to discard just because your friends might think it too effeminate. So, this is my life. It may be a boring life, but it’s my life. And I want you to know family is very important to me. Just knowing that there is someone that cares more about you well being than their own is pretty amazing. I hope you understand. Because the reason I wrote this letter is because it’s been a really long time since my family did anything together. I mean we don’t even sit down for dinner at the same time. Anyway I think I have bored you enough for one day.
Love always, Rachel

No comments: